[The Head Chef being held up to view
the culinary concoction and otherwise
assisted by the sous chef in the kitchen.]
One of Beckett's new tricks is that he turns himself around in my arms to face out before I think to do it. My brother Ken told me that babies like to face out and see the world and see what we are seeing, so when Beckett came along, I just made it a habit of carrying him facing out all the time unless there was some specific reason to carry him in some other way, such as cradling him, or burping him. Up until now, I didn't think much about it. I just did it. But now he started turn himself outward right as soon as I pick him up--as if I haven't faced him in the proper direction quickly enough. So I end up feeling like a chauffeur. This feeling is heightened when he grabs one of my fingers in each hand. Then I feel like the character Linguini in the movie Ratatouille with Remy (AKA Beckett) steering me from his pilot's seat and using my fingers to indicate whether I should turn left or right rather than pulling my hair.
[While he sits safely in the lap of his personal servant and attends to pressing business on his amazingly fast micro-computer, Me allows Maxi-me to play with a large toy computer that looks real so Maxi-Me can feel that he is just like Me.]
1 comment:
I love, love, love the pic of Jeannie and Beckett in the coat. It's so great! Those are all cute pics.
Post a Comment